Development Tools and Documentation
- AppHub: Windows Phone Developer Portal
- Windows Phone Developer Tools
- Silverlight Control Toolkit for Windows Phone – Nov 2011: additional controls for Windows Phone application development.
- UI Design and Interaction Guide: The Windows Phone 7 design philosophy, the Metro design language and UI guidelines.
- Reference documentation for Windows Phone, XNA Game Studio, Silverlight and Expression Blend
Marketing and Promotion
- Nokia Marketing Tool – Build a Banner to promote your app
- Your App Here – Selected apps will be showcased in our Windows Phone & Nokia ad campaigns including banner ads, placement in Windows Phone Marketplace, public relations press outreach, events and social activities.
- Training Kits – A collection of Silverlight and XNA Hands-on Labs for Windows Phone.
- Designing for Windows Phone Training Content
- Windows Phone 7 Jump Start Training: A multi-part video training series from Microsoft MVP’s Rob Miles and Andy Wigley
- XNA Game Studio 4.0 Education Series: A set of education material for all skill levels covering the Platform, Performance and the Polish of for Game Development on Windows Phone 7.
- Windows Phone development quickstarts – introduces the basics for creating Windows Phone applications.
- Code Samples for Windows Phone: a collection of samples covering the Windows Phone API’s.
- Windows Phone 7 Development for Absolute Beginners: This video series helps aspiring Windows Phone 7 developers get started.
- Windows Phone 7: “How do I?” Videos: a collection of video shorts (10-15 minutes) highlighting specific tasks in Windows Phone development.
Development Frameworks, Toolkits and Resources
- Windows Phone Starter Kits:
- Silverlight Contorl Toolkit
- Coding4Fun Windows Phone Toolkit
- MVVMLight Toolkit
- Phoney Tools
- Windows Phone 7 Developer Blog: the official blog of the Windows Phone 7 Developer Experience team
- Windows Phone 7 Blog: official blog of the Windows Phone 7 product team
- Windows Phone Developer Team: Peter Torr, Jeff Wilcox, Shawn Oster, David Anson
- Shawn Hargreaves Blog: Game Programming with the XNA Framework.
- Windows Phone Technical Evangelists: Dave Bost, Chris Koenig, Jeff Blankenburg
Online Resources and Community
- Phone Development on MSDN
- AppHub Forums
- Windows Phone Forums on MSDN
- Windows Phone on StackOverflow.com
- Windows Phone Development on Reddit
- Matt Hidinger’s Real Word WP Dev
- Jeff Blankenburg’s 31 Days of Windows Phone
- Jeff Blankenburg’s 31 Days of Mango
- Jeff Blankenburg’s "What I Learned in WP7"
- Inside Windows Phone: Channel9 Video Series
- Windows Phone on Channel9
- My Windows Phone Twitter List – people that I follow on Twitter who are strong contributors to the Windows Phone Community
- Migrating to Windows Phone: Book by Jesse Liberty and Jeff Blankenburg
- Programming Windows Phone 7: Free E-book by Charles Petzold
- Learning Windows Phone: Book by Yochay Kiraty & Jaime Rodriquez
Conference Sessions (On-Demand)
- Windows Phone Camps Online Denmark – December 5 – 6, 2011
- Phone & Web UX Tour Belgium – November 3, 2011
- Windows Phone Camps USA Online – October 20 – 21, 2011
- BUILD2011 – Anaheim, CA, September 13 – 16, 2011
- TechEd Austrailia 2011 – Gold Coast, August 30 – September 2, 2011
- TechEd 2011 – Atlanta, GA, May 16 – 19, 2011
- MIX11 – Las Vegas, NV, April 12 – 14, 2011
- TechEd Austrailia – Gold Coast, August 24 – 27, 2010
- MIX10 – Las Vegas, NV, March 13 – 15, 2010